In the study of medicine, surgery is a flexible discipline that aids in determining the patient’s course of care. In the current CBME curriculum, integrating surgery with significant subjects like Anatomy, Pathology, Medicine, and others has become crucial. Students now find it much simpler to study the subject comprehensively and build a solid foundation because of this.
Surgery is a much larger phrase, and the MBBS curriculum includes learning about certain clinical illnesses like the acute abdomen, surgical emergencies like testicular torsion and trauma, and getting more exposure to people who need more care. Surgery course enables understanding by giving students exposure to cases that train their minds to be careful, accurate, and quick to make decisions. Thus, it exposes them to typical surgical problems including skin lesions, lumps and bumps, and hernias, which can also help them learn more. Students can learn the essentials of taking histories, conducting clinical examinations, and ordering the necessary investigations in Surgery clinics. Students get to know patients with thorough medical histories and physicals in surgical clinics.
To get conceptual clarity, one of the best online undergraduate surgery courses is SRB’s Surgery for UnderGrads. It is a thorough resource that offers undergrads a one-stop solution for all of their academic requirements. This course is created and being taught by Dr. Sriram Bhat, one of India’s most well-known professors and authors, best recognised for the book “SRB’s Manual of Surgery”. The course includes three pillars of surgery:
- Clinical Surgery: Initial Diagnosis
- Surgical Evaluation: When, what, why with images and other methods of evaluations
- Operative Surgery: Skill
The major goal of SRB’s Surgery course is to get students to concentrate on concepts with observational skills, and deductive reasoning abilities as well as the practical application of all the key ideas. The course helps in the creation of a solid foundation by concentrating on the subject’s core concepts. As a result, it ranks among the top online courses for MBBS students in surgery. The course is divided into 3 sections:
- General Surgery
- Systemic & Specialty Surgery
- Clinics in Surgery involve history taking, physical examinations, instruments, investigations, and operative surgery.
Throughout the course, the clinical examination and differential diagnosis have been given top importance. This will help students gain critical comprehension necessary to evaluate, diagnose, and manage the patient effectively. Along with demonstrating the principles of general surgery, Dr. Sriram Bhat also explained how to conduct a clinical examination in a number of real-life clinical circumstances. Operational surgery requires a solid understanding of surgical anatomy, which has been addressed along with the bulk of the structures and systems.
The use of X-rays and surgical tools helps students get familiar with the necessary knowledge and application. Since they are an essential component of the clinical exams, they are also an excellent resource for last-minute revision prior to the final clinical tests. Each topic includes critical questions for university exams, PG entrance exams, and viva voces in addition to theoretical tests with practical points for surgical procedures.
Both medical undergraduate and first-year postgraduate students’ educational needs will be met by this online surgical course.
The Course Includes:
- Video Lectures: 220 hours of in-depth video lectures on 176 topics offer clear explanations for both theoretical concepts and practical clinical applications. In addition, graphs and images are employed.
- Lecture Notes: 161 succinct notes will help students quickly review the subjects covered in the lectures.
- MCQs for Self-Assessment: By practising 2500+ MCQs, students may gauge how well they comprehend the topics.
- Physical and clinical examinations performed in actual clinical settings: This will assist students in comprehending cases and arriving at differential diagnoses logically.